ShareThis

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm a famous photographer...sorta

A while back, I was interviewed for a story about planning weddings on a budget. Obviously, my contribution was about photography. The article, with my advice, finally ran in the May/June issue of Bridal Guide Magazine.

The best part is that I've already had one inquiry as to my services for a wedding as a result of the article, which is fantastic.

I never really imagined that this business would take off as it has. It's really all about word of mouth. The real selling point for me, I think, is that I'm ultra sensitive to the budget needs of the Bride and Groom. I remember my wedding and having a photographer who was part of the package. She was ok. I like most of the pics, but they are no way near the quality of some of the more talented photogs who shoot digital. With digital, you have more flexibility in terms of being creative - flexibility to turn a good shot into one that the client will absolutely love. Seeing that reaction is my pay day. I love shooting weddings and being honored as a participant in their special day. Having such a large role in their day is also a great challenge - one that I'm up to and one that I take head on.

Shooting a wedding is like a all day adrenaline rush. Everything happens once. The first kiss. The walk down the isle as husband and wife. The cutting of the cake. The first dance. Etc., etc. There are no do-overs. If you miss it, you're toast. I love the action. It's a lot of work, but the payday in terms of making your client happy is what it's all about.

So, thank you Bridal Guide Magazine. Keep the leads coming! And if anyone readying this is in need of a wedding photographer and you live in New England, I'm your guy. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to my HUBBY!!!! I love you (;

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO