ShareThis

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My ALCS game three postmortem

If you read this blog regularly or if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know that I was at game three of the ALCS last night. Here's my postmortem and some observations.

- If anyone finds the bat of David Ortiz, Jacoby Ellsbury or Jason Veritek, please alert the appropriate authorities. There is a reward.

- Is there more pressure of playing at home than on the road? Yes. Case in point Jon Lester's performance.

- Does the media get inside players heads regardless if they say they read the paper or not? Yes. Case in point, Jon Lester's performance.

- When did Fenway turn into a kiddie park with polite vendors, roomy seats, "no smoking?" reminders and people that walk around recycling beer cups? I miss the grungy, f-bomb laced, falling apart Fenway atmosphere. You want me to what? Follow a code of conduct? Huh? WTF?

- What happened to real fans? Yes, while Fenway was packed with faithful last night, the section I was particularly in was filled with those less than excited to be there. Case in point with this pink hat crew. Yes, pink hats. In front of me. How ironic was that?

- Lastly, what happened to the energy that the fans would bring to the team. The crowd was as noisy as the geek squad in a library. The only time we mustered up a Let's Go Red Sox chant was when we actually had guys on case. Oh sorry, the crowd did get excited for Sweet Caroline (probably all pink hats singing anyways).

- My brother and I are 0-2 in playoff baseball this year when either of us are in attendance. I consider this a family curse. The only way to break it is either watch the games at home or go to one together and test out the theory. Maybe we'll have a chance if the boys start hitting and snatch game two and three, stealing game 6 in Tampa. That would really piss Hector off.

I still say Sox in 6, though I desperately wanted them to win it at home.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO