ShareThis

Saturday, October 11, 2008

How the internet helps folks grow a set

If you follow this blog, you know that yesterday I posted a rant about the MBTA increasing parking lot costs by $2. I know that $2 isn't a lot, but it drives the cost from $3.50 to $5.50 (if you park at Wellington or any where on the Orange Line I think).

From time to time, my rants get picked up by Universal Hub, as was the case with this post.

You'll note the comment by dot.douchebag.lane. Shim (she/him) thinks that I'm just another whiner. I'm complaining just to complain. This is far from the truth.


The whole point to my rant was that I'm getting a bit tired of getting squeeze for a buck here, a buck there, three bucks over here, 40% more in electricity costs, sky rocketing oil prices for home heating, etc., etc. It's just getting very difficult to live and raise a family in the state of MA (maybe this is the truth every where, but I'm a lifer so I have no clue).

Regardless...I have a good job and do some photography work on the side. I make enough money to support my family, pay our bills and enjoy some wiggle room from time to time - enough to keep the kids in activities and do some stuff for the wife and I. By no means are we the Rockafella's. We're comfortable with our slot in the middle class category for now. (Yes, I do have dreams of the three car garage, full functioning basement with man-town, one or two dogs, white picket fence, etc., etc. But, I know that dream is a bit off because my wife is at home with the kids and we're living off one income. That's cool. It's a sacrifice that I'm willing to make because it's for the health, growth and happiness of my family.

What drives me crazy about blogging and opening yourself to moronic commenters like dot.douchebag.lane, is that people tend to grow a set of balls because they are hiding behind the computer screen. Now I know I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree. I just know what I know. And what I know as it relates to this subject is that this is another area that I'm getting squeezed for my hard-earned money. The worst part is that there is no alternative. I can't drive to work because we have one car - my choice because it's easier to take the bus and train to work than have another car payment. It's sacrifice over convenience. I'm cool with that.

dot.douchbag.lane thought I was just whining. He pulled the inflation card. I understand that, but shim totally missed my point. Rather than outlining his stance and backing up his "original" thought, shim grew some balls and decided to attack me because he assumed that I'm a typical MA resident who just likes to complain. I could guarantee that thousands of other area commuters agree with me about this and just the cost of living in MA in general.

The kicker of it all is that shim decides to throw another jab at me as it relates to my hatred of pink hats. Yea, THAT topic again.

That's what makes me chuckle about blogging and interacting with people online in general. Arguing over a topic in an educated, adult manner is one thing. Acting like a moron, pretending to be a hard ass because you won't get touched up is another.

Regardless, I'm sure I'll run into dot.douchebag.lane on the T someday. Shim will be heading to Fenway, wearing shim's pink Red Sox hat and shim's "I heart Jacoby" booty tight t-shirt.

How do you like THEM apples?

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO