ShareThis

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtics #17: TOP OF THE WORLD!!!

I sit at my desk this morning exhausted. I'm working on about 3.5 hours of sleep still jacked up from the Celtics CRUSHING the Lakers in game 6 to claim their 17th World Championship. What a performance by the entire team and coaching staff. What a season. Three other championship moments rank up there with this emotional win.

They are:

- Doug Flutie's hail mary in the orange bowl
- Patriots winning their first superbowl
- Red Sox coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees.

I was in good company last night, hanging out with friends and family. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. We were glue to the TV from start to finish. Since I recorded it via Tivo, I'll probably watch the game again just because it's one of those moments you never want to forget.

Some highlights that will stick with me:

- Pierce's determination all game long
- Rondo's sticky fingers
- Garnett's aggressiveness in driving to the hoop
- Ray Allen jacking up seven threes
- Posey SHUTTING DOWN Kobe
- Big Baby man-handling Gasol
- The look on Kobe's face as the clock ticked down
- Pierce holding the MVP trophey
- KG talking about what it felt like - "finally beating up a bully"
- Doc Rivers taking the "Big Three" out of the game at the same time at the end to a huge standing O
- Pierce dousing Doc with gatorade

I could go on and on, but the person who sums it up the best is Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO