ShareThis

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Why being in PR makes you a good mover

I helped my brother move to his new house this weekend and I'm convinced that my experience as a PR pro has contributed to the fact that I'm a good mover. Here's why.

First off, you need to be organized. You just can't start throwing things on the truck. You have to have a plan of attack, a strategy, etc.

You need to be a good, hands-on, manager. Not that I was running the show, but I was taking control over some of the action while we made the move. I instructed people where to stand in the chain, what to load on the truck, develop the game plan as things progressed, etc.

You need to have a drive to get the job done and get it done right. No slacking. No union breaks, as I call 'em. You're there to work, so work. That mentality keeps you on track and helps you forget about the cumbersome task at hand. It's the just do it, type of attitude.

And speaking of attitude, you have to have a good mind-set going in. Moving people sucks. Working sucks. But at the end of the day, if you are miserable at what you're doing, you won't do a good job. A positive attitude is a must.

So there you have it. More words of wisdom from the Big Guy. Well, maybe not wisdom but just something I thought about as my entire body ached because I used muscles I haven't used in years - another perk of being a desk jockey in the PR business.

;)

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO