ShareThis

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Unsolicited Parental Advice

My friend Allison had a pretty interesting experience as she was dropping off her daughter at Day Care.

Basically, Allison was fed a mouthful of unsolicited parental advice.

I hate that crap. As a parent, I know my kids better than anyone else with the exception of my wife who is with them 24/7 for the most part. No one should tell you how to raise your kids, how to treat colds, how to educate them, etc. The only advice I'll listen to is from our pediatrician as well as family members - specifically my parents, my wife's parents and her sisters. That's it. Everyone else can go fly and kite and worry about their own kids.

1 comments:

Allison said...

You have inspired me to rent Parenthood. That is such a great movie - and I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more now that I'm a mom!

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO