ShareThis

Monday, April 14, 2008

Blackberry vs iPhone

So the peeps over at RIMarkable questioned why the masses thought the iPhone was going to corner the business pro market over the blackberry. While it might not be happening immediately, it will happen. Here's why.

First off, apple has just started to roll out enterprise usage for the iPhone. It's going to take a bit of time before it is widely available for enterprise use.

With that said, if all things were equal, here's why the iPhone would come out on top.

- User interface for one. It's very simple to use and the functionality is very smooth. Blackberry's are a bit chunky and extremely buggy.

- iPhones are more open to third party apps, including a slew of free web apps. Blackberry's have apps but for the most part you have to pay for them. Then you have to ensure you have the appropriate device pending the piece of software you want to buy. For example, IM+ doesn't work on my BB Pearl.

Yea, that's right, I said Pearl. I own a BB. I don't have an iPhone. I'm on the VZW network so in essence, it's impractical for me to own an iPhone. This leads me to my final point.

Blackberry's are available through just about any cell provider. iPhones are just available through AT&T. If the was available on VZW and it was able to be used with lotus notes, I'd be all over it.

Simply put, it's just going to take some time before the iPhone takes over.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO