Friday, January 11, 2008

TGI - mo fo - F

Damn it's been a long week. Work has been hectic and so hasn't my other job. Needless to say, I'm glad it's Friday, not only because it's the end of the week, but because I'm headed to the Razor tomorrow for the Pats/Jags game. For those that care, I'll be live twittering during the tailgating portion and possibly during the game - depending on how things are going (read, if I'm not too OOC - out of control).

The other reason why I'm glad that it's Friday is that I've had a heck of a morning. I have a new biz pitch this afternoon so I figured I'd put my "best dress line-up" through the cleaners so I can look sharp as a tack (if a guy who's 6'2", 270, can look sharp as a tack). So, I dropped the stuff off earlier this week along with some other dry cleaning. The hours of operation are 7-7 during the week. I dropped stuff off on Monday. Slacked on picking it up during the week because I've been working relatively late. Yesterday, my wife and kiddies pick me up at the train station, we head home, planning on stopping by the cleaners to pick up my gear. It's 6:10 pm.

They are closed. WTF??!?!?!

I get up this morning, shower up, throw on some dumpy cloths and head to the cleaners are about 7:20.

They are closed. WTF??!?!?!

Are you kidding me? Why post hours when those aren't the hours your keeping? Now I'm all pissed, bent out of shape, knowing that I have to run home, grab something out of the closet, iron, make sure it looks respectable, etc.

Did that. Fine. I'm good to go. I'm not as spiffy as I wanted to be, but hey, screw it. I'm going to the game tomorrow and that's what really matters. ;)

I get to the train station. Main lot is full. Great. I have to cough up another 5 bucks to park in the other lot, which is a little bit of a distance from the entrance. It's pouring out, so I get slightly wet because I'm too lazy to open my umbrella for a two minute walk.

Get to the platform, it's packed. Train pulls up. It's packed.

Great, looking forward to mushing myself on a crowded train with a bunch of other wet people. Commute is going fine until some chick drops her umbrella, winds up on my shoe and subsequently, soaking my left leg.

Great. I'm very, very "happy" now.

Get to the next station. More people squeeze in. An idiot with a backpack decides to stand right behind me with his backpack on.

Great, now I have a wet leg and a backpack logged in my @$$.

Get to my stop, time to get off. That transition goes smooth. However, the 8 minute walk to the office means that I need to use my skimpy umbrella which basically keeps my head dry. That in itself is insignificant because I basically have a shaved head - or close to it - so I don't have to worry about "messing up my hair."

I get to work finally. From the feet to my neck, I'm basically soaked.

Great. At least I didn't wear my good suit.


The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite


The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.