ShareThis

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Never thought I'd say this, but thanks Comcast. Really, thanks.

I've noticed over the past week or so, Comcast was calling the house and trying to get in touch with us. We are not behind on our bill, in good standing, etc. so I was wondering what the heck this was all about.

You see, I hate telemarketers, however, I'll often answer the phone just to test the smarts, product knowledge, messaging, etc. of the person on the other end of the phone.

To my surprise, this time the Comcast folks were right on message AND had a great value prop for me.

I picked up the phone and the pleasant young lady wanted to speak to the owner of the home. She got me.

Some background:

About a year ago I was having some very spotty issues with internet connectivity as well as phone coverage. I was tired of the increasing costs of Comcast's services so I called them up ad bitched them out. Long story short, they gave me a good package deal and lowered my costs. That package lasted for a year, which was going to end this week.

The nice young lady on the phone was calling me to tell us that our package was going to be up and that the costs were going to increase by another 20-30 bucks. However, she offered my a new package deal that would give us more movie channels and the sports package for what I'm currently paying. So basically, I did nothing, got more channels and am paying the same.

Not a bad deal, so thanks Comcast. This time you did something worth a good plug.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO