ShareThis

Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Father's Day

Can't believe I'll be enjoying my 4th father's day today. Time really does fly. Here's a shot my wife took yesterday of me and the girls, chillin' in the back yard.


Being a dad is the coolest thing I've ever done in my life (other than marrying my wife of course). The best part of my day is when I come home and the girls are waiting for me at the top of the steps. They don't care about the kind of day I had. It's all about "daddy's home, now let's play." They don't want activity reports. They don't worry about getting your time in. They don't worry about client pressures. They don't worry about bills. They just want your attention and love. I think I'm pretty good at that. It's a natural skill. No training involved. I guess you could call me the MVP of being a dad.

Well, maybe I won't go that far, but in there eyes I am and that's all that counts.

(note to self: remember this post when they are teenagers, are into boys, have run up the cell phone bill, and think I'm an overbearing dad).

Last week, my oldest "graduated" from pre-school. Yea, I know, it's not real, but it's a nice thing the school does for parents. The kids get really excited about it. And, surprisingly enough, it was an emotional experience. I didn't think it would get to me, but a few times there I caught myself in awe of the experience. I took a ton of pictures and had this weird flash forward moment thinking about when she graduates from high school. It's only 13 years away. Wow.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO