ShareThis

Thursday, March 20, 2008

War Anniversary

My opinion on the war in Iraq is sort of 50/50. I understand why we are there, but I also understand the anti-war stance. It's a subject many have written about and one that I honestly don't have time to dive into.

With that said, however, one thing grabbed my attention from George W's speech on the 5th year anniversary of the Iraq War - he believes that the war has made the world and the US a safer place.

Again, I'm 50/50 on this. On one hand, I bet over the past five years we have put out many fires that could potentially flared up, i.e. killed a lot of bad guys that want to kill us. On the other hand, as I'm going home on a packed train, I can't help think about what happened in London and in other parts of the world in terms of suicide bombers. I know it's a terrible thing to think about, but we live a totally different world today than we did five, 10, 20, etc., years ago. I am always conscious on the train as to who is around me. The one thing that scares me is that security on the T is pretty much non-existent. Every once and a great while I'll see MBTA cops or authoritative figures. But for the most part, all I see are crowded platforms and trains.

FUBAR, as they say.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO