ShareThis

Saturday, March 1, 2008

My good deed

Interesting thing happened to me on the way home from work yesterday. I happened to snag the end seat that's labeled for elderly or handicap use. A women got on, using a cane. She had to be in her 70s or 80s. I quickly got up and gave her the seat.

That's not the interesting part.

Other people on the train looked at me like I had three heads. Was I not supposed to get up and give her the seat? What, don't you see people doing good deeds? Is this world so horrible that a kind act is so out of the box that it looks like a three headed dragon walking down main street?

The other thing that was quite amusing was that the women kept thanking me up and down the entire train ride. I was just trying to listen to the new Foo Fighters album, but she wanted to talk.

Anyways...I did my good deed for the day. On to the next.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO