ShareThis

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Kayla

Four years ago today my oldest was born. I remember the feeling going into the hospital the day before knowing that we'd have a long road ahead of us. Well, really my wife. I was just there to go along for the ride.

My wife was like a thoroughbred during labor. Handled it like she's been there a million times before.

What an awe inspiring experience.

I remember seeing Kayla for the first time and thinking, "man, is her head going to be coned shaped like that for the rest of her life? (a normal thing during child birth)

Then the emotions quickly took over. I cried like a baby. It's such an emotional thing. You can't explain the waves of emotion that come over you. If you could bottle that feeling up and sell it, the world would be a much happier and peaceful place.

I'm four years in to being a parent and all is well on the western front. I'm loving every minute of it (with the exception of Puke Fest, dirty diapers and tantrums).

So just a little shout out to my "baby" on her 4th birthday. Daddy loves ya.

1 comments:

jcataldo said...

Your such a good writer! love you n miss you!!

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO