ShareThis

Friday, January 25, 2008

Greg Brady

I'll admit it. When I heard that Greg Brady (Barry in real life) was starting a blog basically about nothing, I thought to myself that it was going to be a disaster.

I'm wrong so far and I can't get enough of it. Here's why:

- I like the design of the blog. It's very clean. Font is easy on the eyes. It's designed in that "we wrote this on paper look" that I wish I could do but don't have the time nor the patients to learn how to create style sheets (if any can point me to some easy online tutorials, I'll give it a shot.

- Content is decent. He has a number of writers contributing to the blog, along with himself. They have been covering a number of different things. The most recent post was about who the 10th Brady should be. Tough call IMO.

- I went into it drinking the hatorade because I thought to myself, "what the heck can Brady that's going to keep me coming back or at least subscribe to the feed?" Other than the first two bullets, I'm still trying to figure it out.

- The last thing that's caught my attention is just the branding of it all. Here's a guy who was on a hit 70s TV show that's of iconic proportion. He hasn't done much of anything else than be Greg Brady. That's who he is. That's is brand. However, it's worked and still is working for him. You can't drink the hatorade on him for riding the wave of childhood stardom and actually being successful at doing it. Look at some other stars that have come and gone. Yea, Peter Brady is sorta kinda there, but not like Greg.


For now, I'll keep the sub in my reader. It's entertaining at the very least. For you Brady fans out there or pop culture addicts, check it out. It'll help pass the time away on a Friday right before you start your weekend.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO