ShareThis

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday rant

Today started off ok, then I had an incident that has put me on the bad side of the bed, so to speak. The bus took a but longer today to get to the stop. It was cold. I was tired. I wasn't happy. I get on and it's relatively empty. As the ventures on through the hood, it gets fuller. Finally, we get to Everett Sq. and this heavy lady gets on. Yea, that's right, she sits right next to me.

Fine. I'll deal with it. Turn up the tunes, I'm good to go.

Then she invaded my space with propaganda. She tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I wanted "this." This was a 4x4 pink piece of paper with some sort of religious quote on it.

I turned to her and said, "No thanks. I'm all set."

I felt like saying, "Hey, butt munch, does it look like I need to be saved? Does it look like I need God to help me out today? Am I a lost soul? Is there a friggin sign on my head that says pump your religion down my throat, all welcome?"

Why do overly religious people, always, always, always try and sell you their religion? It drives me nuts. I'm Catholic. We have the guilt thing. Do I go around making others feel guilty all the time? No.

I respect all religious, races, creeds, socio-economic status, etc. However, when people start to invade my world, my space with crap that has no reason to be discussed at that point and time, it drives me nuts. Yea, I like debating topics and I could have debated this woman about religion, but I was on the bus - a public bus.

My commute in the morning is my time. It's my time to think about the day ahead, or the day that has past, flush out ideas, think about the kids/family, veg out, catch up on some TV shows thanks to my Tivo to PC to iPod downloading technique, etc.

Simply put, I don't want to be messed with while commuting. Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Don't even breathe in my way. Well, maybe that's a bit extreme. Sparking up a convo with a stranger is one thing, but to shove religious beliefs under someone's nose at 6:40 a.m. in the morning is an entirely different ballgame.

Morons.

0 comments:

The Big Guy's Music

The Big Guy on LinkedIn

Follow The Big Guy on Brightkite

ShareThis

The Big Guy © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO